Everything on my desktop is too small or too big.
Cause The size of the icons on your desktop is determined by the resolution settings of your video card. If everything seems too big or too small, all you probably need to do is choose a different resolution so that items appear the size you want. This is an easy fix, fortunately!
The Pain Killer To fix the size problem, follow these steps:
1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. Open the Display icon by double-clicking it. Click the Settings tab.
3. On the Screen Resolution setting, use the slider bar to choose a different resolution 800 × 600 pixels is right for most people. If you have a larger monitor (19" +), consider using a higher resolution.
4. If that does not work, you can pull out the big guns and change the Dots Per Inch (DPI) settings for your display. On the Display tab, click the Advanced button.
5. This opens an Advanced Properties window. Click the General tab. If you want to make items on your desktop larger, change the DPI Setting using the drop-down menu, as you can see in the following illustration. You'll need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. If you don't like the results, return here and change the setting back.
Tip DPI settings can cause some problems, however, such as dialog boxes getting cut off and even some distortion. You can play around with these settings to see if they help you any. However, if you plan to change settings, you would be wise to jot down the original settings first, so that you are able to change them back in the event that your new settings do not work well.
6. Finally, check the controls on the monitor itself. Something in the controls might be off as