11:57 PM Posted by Shafqat Khan
Image via Wikipedia
How to hide Partitions in Windows 7 using Command prompt:-
There are numerous ways or tricks to hide your partitions of an Hard disk.Lots of 3rd party software’s are avail to play with your hard disk like conceal /lock those partitions as you suits.But as experts say before having a thought of an 3rd party software’s , always should have a research whether there is any trick built into Your OS that fulfill your need.Even there might be some unknown DOS command(those who are not experts) that could help to achieve this tricks.What ever you are, if an highly occupied tech experts or an highly paid Software Expert,it’s a mere fact that you might forget these simple DOS commands.
- Click Start.
- In the Search field or Run type CMD .
- Right click the DOS/CMD icon and click Run as Administrator from menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type: Diskpart
- Press Enter.
- Type List Volume
- Press Enter. A list of all the partitions contained on your hard disk will be displayed. Such partitions will be identified by a letter and a number. For example, partition A will be identified by number 1 etc.
- Let’ say that you want to make partition B invisible. Partition B is identified by number 2
- Type Select Volume 2 and press Enter.
- Now, type Remove letter B
- Press Enter.
- If asked, reboot your computer.
- If you want to unhide and make the partition visible again, repeat steps 1 to 9 then type Assign letter B
- Mac Basics: How to format a hard drive (macworld.com)
- Change the prompt of the command prompt (obinshah.wordpress.com)
- Name or Label a Partition using Ubuntu (galigio.org)
- Why do you need to partition a Hard Disk drive before you use it and not partition other storage devices such as CDs or DVDs (wiki.answers.com)
How to Install Hp LaserJet 1320 Printer in Windows 7? Is Hp LaserJet 1320 Printer compatible with Windows 7? Yes it is! Today Window...
While I am still searching for this problem, I want to share it here so if someone can support and can give me a detailed answer. First-t...
Surely you will be excited if you buy a new advanced featured iPhone 5 after recycling your ancient one. But is it your Need or its just ...
Post or Upload your best Photos to Instagram directly from your Local Hard drive on PC, no need of a smartphone, never mind if those Pict...
To download full HD Wallpapers Visit Full HD WALLPAPERS