How to Install Hp LaserJet 1320 Printer in Windows 7?
Is Hp LaserJet 1320 Printer compatible with Windows 7?Yes it is!
Today Windows 7 is the most popular Operating System using in Homes & Offices all over. In early days due to non-compatibility and support to many Devices (like Printers, Scanners etc.), Windows 7 was not a Primary Operating System according to Professional’s remarks.
Many companies made their devices compatible to this New Operating System with updating their Software and Drivers for Devices like Printer, Scanners etc., some of other companies made brand new Devices for new operating system. But some devices were far behind due to non-compatibility with Windows 7, and users were waiting for new release of drivers.
Hp LaserJet 1320 is also one of the device, we still hoping from Hewlett Packard to launch updated drivers for 1320, to make it compatible with Windows 7.
Today I am going to tell you how you can make your Hp LaserJet 1320 fully compatible with Windows 7 (Ultimate, Professional and Home Edition), without installing any 3rd Party software or drivers.
So lets follow me:- (I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, and I tried it on my own Operating System only, so keep it in mind)
1. Connect your printer (HP LaserJet 1320) with your PC, and turn it ON.
2. Do not browse or insert Printer Driver Disk into your PC Rom (CD-Rom or DVD-Rom) for installation from Disk.
3. Go to Start and click on Devices and Printers on the right side.
5. A new dialogue box will appear, asking you “What type of Printer do you want to Install?”, and click on “Add a Local Printer”.
6. Inside another dialogue box, click on drop down button “Use an existing port”, and click on DOT4_001 (HP LaserJet 1320 Printer), and click Next.
7. Another box will appear asking you “Install the printer driver”, here you will find two column lists, “Manufacturer” on the left and “Printers” on the right side.
8. Inside Manufacturer column, scroll down and select HP, on the right side column, you will find Plug & Play printer’s list (which are compatible with Windows 7).
9. Inside HP Printer’s list, scroll down, find HP LaserJet 2200 Series PL5 and click on it to select, and click Next.
10. Inside another box, write your Printer Name (Hp LaserJet 1320 Series PCL5) and click Next to print a Test Page from your Hp LaserJet 1320 Printer.
If you find it helpful to install your printer, please share it, so others can get some help on their behalf.
For any questions regarding to PC Help, please write your Questions in the Comments below.
For further Information about how to Install HP LaserJet 1320n and 1320tn on Networked Computers please contact HP Support Center.